Monday, November 25, 2013

Shatter the Stigma Awareness Day - t-shirt winner!


Ashley from Greene County won an Awareness Day t-shirt for being a System of Care champion!

My name is Ashley. I have been volunteering for Greene county human services on and off for about 6 years. Volunteering is something I love to do.

My volunteer work includes. Going to CSP meetings, Working for basketball camp and soccer camp with youth from Greene county. I even just go to help shred paper work. I try to go to all the meetings that I can. It is all volunteer work.

I was involved in a lot of systems as a child. With my volunteer work I want to Shatter the Stigma because I was there.. Faced with people having stigma every day.

I have been working with the county for System of Care (SOC) work. I love it. I want nothing more than to help children in placements and in the system to get help and have support. I was given the opportunity to go speak with youth who are in placement and give them hope and support. I want kids to know that there is hope on the other side.

I have won awards and I still continue to give my time and support for Greene County. I hope to Shatter the Stigma in any way possible that I can.

I love the t-shirts and I would love to be able to were it around Waynesburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment